Welcome to Hill Section | Area 144
The Manhattan Beach Hill section earned its name from its location on one of the most desirable hills in the country. With sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and Palos Verdes, this neighborhood boasts breathtaking vistas, large lot sizes, and easy accessibility to the rest of Los Angeles. This area of Manhattan Beach is located west of Sepulveda, south of Manhattan Beach Boulevard, and just east of the Sand Section. The Hill section was first developed in the 1950s, with homes that have since been replaced with larger, more modern homes placed on desirable large lots in most residential neighborhoods. The Hill section is close to the ocean and many of the shops of downtown Manhattan Beach. It is also an easy commute to LAX and the city of Los Angeles. The large lot sizes allow for more privacy and create a desirable family atmosphere.
West of Sepulveda Blvd., South of Manhattan Beach Blvd., North of boundary Pl., and East of Ardmore Ave.
- Downtown Manhattan Beach, which is adjacent to the northwest corner of the Hill Section
- Sepulveda Corridor Business District, which extends into North Manhattan Beach
- Along Manhattan Beach Blvd. and 11th Place
- Along Manhattan Beach Blvd.
- Along Manhattan Beach Blvd. and Sepulveda Blvd.
- Many large oceans view lots on the west side no consistency in size
- On the east side, many of the lots are 50’ x 150’, 50’x144’, 40’x144’
- Between Poinsettia Ave. and Larsson St. from 2nd St. to 8th St., there are many 25’x130’ lots
General Building Information
Must verify with the City of Manhattan Beach for current regulations.*
Street Specific Notes
- Lots on the west side of Hill Section with ocean views command the highest prices; the most expensive area off of The Strand
- Lots on the east side of the Hill Section with city views command higher prices than lots with no views but cannot be priced with westside lots