Welcome to North Redondo Beach
AREAS 151, 152, 153 & 154
North Redondo is an inland community separated from the beachfront by Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. The neighborhood mostly features midsize homes that are high value. This community dates back to 1952 and has continued to develop over the years. While primarily residential, North Redondo contains some of the city’s major industrial and commercial space, including the inland aerospace and engineering firms that are part of Southern California’s long space legacy. It is also home to the South Bay Galleria shopping center and Artesia Boulevard. North Redondo is the home of the Redondo Beach PerformingArts Center and the Los Angeles Ballet. The North Branch of the Redondo Beach Library serves this area.
South of Marine Ave., East of Aviation Blvd. West of Inglewood (north of Artesia Blvd.) or west of Hawthorne Blvd. (south of Artesia Blvd.), and North of 190th St.
COMMERCIAL & BUSINESS DISTRICTS
Located along Aviation Blvd. and Artesia Blvd., between ManhattanBeach Blvd and Marine Ave.
Single-family homes are concentrated mostly in the TRW tract (Area151) bordered by Inglewood Ave., Manhattan Beach Blvd., Vail Ave. and Robinson St. and in the south southeast quadrant (Area 153, south of Ripley) of North Redondo.
- There are single-family lots throughout North Redondo, though most are in Areas 151 and 153
- Original 2 bed/1 bath homes were built in the late 1940s. Newer homes can be in excess of 3,000 sq ft.The Classic Redondo Beach “Tall & Skinny”
- Generally on smaller 25 x 100 ft lots.
- Include one-story and much taller, multi-story properties
- Mostly located from Artesia Blvd to Aviation Blvd. to the north, continuing south on Ford St. to Harkness St. and 190th St. and bordered on the West by Hermosa Beach
- These homes, although on smaller lots, tend to have nice amenities
Located primarily in Area 151 and 152 with property types ranging from duplexes to large complexes.
Vary between 7,500 sq. feet for most townhomes and 2,500 – 7,500 for single-family homes.
General Building Information
Must verify with the City of Redondo Beach for current regulations.
Street Specific Notes
Values depend largely on proximity to the beach and ocean views.